Monday, March 18, 2013

Gladiator GarageWorks GAGB272DRG Premier Modular GearBox

Gladiator GarageWorks GAGB272DRG Premier Modular GearBox
This cabinet is deeper (and perhaps a little sturdier) than the other model.

I am not a mechanic or a carpenter, but I have acquired most of the tools necessary to keep up a home and fences do minor projects over 30 years. I had a 50 sq ft tool room in my garage that made me very unhappy. You could not find anything except accidentally, and things just acreted to the room over time--if nobody knew where to put something, it ended up in the toolroom. There was no room to work, and there were tools in about 8 different tool boxes, but labels kept coming off of them over the years, so you had to go through them all to find anything.

In a fit of utter disgust and desperation, I first went to Sears to see what Craftsman had. To be short, their cabinets were more expensive and less well built and unavailable in town.

I had seen these before, so I orderd this from Amazon, together with the Modular Drawers and the Worksurface. The cabinets have bumpers on the fronts and sides, and they are really built tough. They won't stop a 9MM round, but the load bearing surfaces, the casters, the hinges and doors and top are all solid and well-finished (no rough or sharp edges). There is a substantial area of steel with pegboard holes inside the doors, so you can hang "thin" tools such as adjustable wrenches in those areas. The drawer/shelf (it has about a 1.5" lip on it) and is very sturdy. It assembles easily and quickly for even a guy like me is not the handiest. The magnetic seal on the doors means you don't have to lock it to keep the doors from opening. I use it to store all of my power tools in their cases, and it is great for that. My wife also thinks they are very attractive, and the surfaces seem to be easy to clean.

Product Description

The Gladiator Modular GearBox Cabinet offers versatile and accessible storage for a variety of sizes and shapes of garage gear.

Gladiator GarageWorks GAGB272DRG Premier Modular GearBox


Features

  • Round key door lock and magnetic door latch system
  • Locking casters included
  • Rated load 1400-Pound per cabinet based on lab test of 5600-Pound per cabinet and rated load 65-Pound for each shelf based on lab test of 260-Pound for each shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment