Saturday, March 16, 2013

Homak GS00727021 Steel 2-Door Wall Cabinet with 2-Shelves

Homak GS00727021 Steel 2-Door Wall Cabinet with 2-Shelves
I was looking for a cabinet that locked to store dangerous chemicals, etc to keep the kids out. I decided to try this one out. Cabinet arrives unassembled and takes maybe 20 minutes or so to put together with numerous nuts and bolts. There are some corners that are difficult to hold the nut while you tighten the screw from the other side, so a second person would be very helpful. The cabinet went together pretty easily, and I tightened it up one last time with a cordless screwdriver. I kept the doors off while I mounted it to the studs on the wall. The cabinet is fairly light weight, so I was able to install on the wall by myself, but again a second person would be very helpful to hold in place and check level. The mounting hardware provided was decent, however I used some longer bolts, it just makes me feel better when I start loading weight into this thing. The locks work fine, a little tight at first, but eases up after a few rounds of locking and unlocking. The shelves seem sturdy enough to hold the noted 22 lbs each, although I am sure you could probably do 30 with little problem. Overall, the unit appears to be sturdy when put together and will work to keep children out. I am only giving it 4 stars based on the thickness of the steel, as it is pretty light-gauge steel. I would have liked something a little heavier, but this will do the job.

Product Description

Homak 2 Door Wall Cabinet w/ 2 Shelves GS00727021

Homak GS00727021 Steel 2-Door Wall Cabinet with 2-Shelves


Features

  • 2 Adjustable shelves for convenient storage
  • Pre-drilled holes and mounting hardware included
  • HMC tubular locks with 100 combinations
  • Load capacity: 66-pound frame, 22-pound shelves
  • 26.7 Inch wide x 11.81 Inch deep x 26.77 Inch high; 3-year limited warranty

No comments:

Post a Comment