Monday, March 18, 2013

Gladiator GarageWorks GATR27P7WG Premier 7-Drawer Roll-Away Cabinet

Gladiator GarageWorks GATR27P7WG Premier 7-Drawer Roll-Away Cabinet
Ugh...I will never learn!!! Every time I read a review warning me about badly packaged products being shipped by Amazon, I just keep assuming that it must be a one off issue, and they MUST have figured this out, since Amazon is such a well run company. But I always get burned, and this was the biggest burn of all. This box was delivered by the same UPS folks that deliver my books, and DVDs from Amazon. They really are not equipped to handle the shipment. The Tool box looked to be only slightly banged up, and looked like superficial bruising that should easily tap out. The next day while arriving home through the garage, and seeing this cabinet next to my other Gladiator cabinets in bright light, I realized the whole cabinet was angled to the left. Almost a trapezoidal shape. It just looks horrible. It also reminds me how dumb I was to not hear other advice on this forum. I couldn't find a local store that had it in stock, and the wait to deliver at most was 3-4 weeks. Being impatient I just ordered from Amazon, and I paid dearly. Yes I could probably try to return it. But with the shipping weight being some 125 lbs, And not real box to send it back with. I am going to just eat crow. It will be my headstone reminding me off all my stupidity. Its ironic that all my other Gladiator boxes were bought online from Garage Appeal and delivered on a pallet from an actual Freight Delivery company. I thought Amazon would have the sense to do the same. I guess not. Yes I should take this up with UPS, but really it is the fault of both. I have already submitted a complaint with UPS.

So what about the Cabinet. It's on par with most other premium cabinets sold at places like Craftsman's (Sears). A cut above the units sold on the cheap at Lowes and Home Depot. The visual finish is the most attractive for me. Many people prefer the shiny, glossy, look, but I venture to the more muted grey-tones, with a touch of steel. The stand out features are the push handle, the larger than average wheels, and corner bumpers. So why the low ranking for on an other wise good product. This is my only way for me to get the attention of you the customer and Amazon. There are no "delivery" rankings anywhere on this site. I know, I know, this unfairly hurts the ranking for the Gladiator folks. But maybe Gladiator should limit selling these large cabinets to freight customers only. Just don't buy this thing from Amazon, just don't. You will not win. The odds are too great. This is a 125 lbs cabinet stuffed in a cardboard box with 3/4 inch styrofoam corner protection. Handled by a UPS guy that has maybe only 30% more mass. Physics will always overwhelm these odds. This should be delivered on a pallet and forklifted. Be patient and buy locally. Or from an online vendor that uses a freight company.

Product Description

The Gladiator Premier 7 Drawer Roll Away Chest is also extremely versatile and can be used as either a single unit or as the bottom piece of of a group, giving you the power to decide the best way to organize your tools.

Gladiator GarageWorks GATR27P7WG Premier 7-Drawer Roll-Away Cabinet


Features

  • 7 Drawers with steel ball-bearing slides and cushioned drawer liners
  • Heavy-duty welded steel construction supports up to 1,000 pounds
  • Reversible heavy-duty casters provide left or right movement
  • 38.8-inches high by 27.1-inches wide by 18.3-inches deep

No comments:

Post a Comment