
I had been eyeballing this garage bench for several weeks upon learning that the folks at Gladiator (Whirlpool) had come out with it. I finally opted to pull the trigger from Amazon and received the usual great service that I've come to expect. I sprung for 'quick' shipping which may be the one reason that I've given the item 4 stars, versus five.
The directions for assembly are good... the metal is of average thickness and the wood top is absolutely gorgeous. My only gripe, as mentioned before, is that it's not well 'padded' inside the box. The fine folks at the 'rapid delivery services' have a tendency to be BRUTAL with packages (especially heavier ones like this). Unfortunately, the shipping group won the battle over the packaging -- it arrived with one pretty good dent and was obviously manhandled in transit. This was disappointing and I'm not sure if I can attribute it to average (versus excellent) packaging or the brutality of the overnight shippers.
Fortunately, I was able to take a rubber hammer to the bend and it's nearly non-existant now. Plus, it was on a piece that is out of eyesight thus, I didn't make a claim or contact Amazon for help (although, I'm certain that they would've helped).
All in all, it's a kick-butt product! Sturdy, great storage space, and attractive. My entire garage will soon be Gladiator and I'm thrilled that I opted to go with this product to compliment my other Gladiator investments. One, of two, thumbs up. I'd buy it again and hope it arrives unaltered by shipping...
The directions for assembly are good... the metal is of average thickness and the wood top is absolutely gorgeous. My only gripe, as mentioned before, is that it's not well 'padded' inside the box. The fine folks at the 'rapid delivery services' have a tendency to be BRUTAL with packages (especially heavier ones like this). Unfortunately, the shipping group won the battle over the packaging -- it arrived with one pretty good dent and was obviously manhandled in transit. This was disappointing and I'm not sure if I can attribute it to average (versus excellent) packaging or the brutality of the overnight shippers.
Fortunately, I was able to take a rubber hammer to the bend and it's nearly non-existant now. Plus, it was on a piece that is out of eyesight thus, I didn't make a claim or contact Amazon for help (although, I'm certain that they would've helped).
All in all, it's a kick-butt product! Sturdy, great storage space, and attractive. My entire garage will soon be Gladiator and I'm thrilled that I opted to go with this product to compliment my other Gladiator investments. One, of two, thumbs up. I'd buy it again and hope it arrives unaltered by shipping...
Product Description
The new Storage Bench combines durability with versatility. It is built with a sturdy bamboo top and a heavy-duty steel frame. Designed for flexibility, the Storage Bench is the perfect place to sit and take your shoes off in the mudroom or makes a stylish entertainment center in the living room. The dual bypass doors slide open to reveal plenty of space to store shoes or a variety of household items inside.

Features
- Two wire shelves make it easy to store 18 pairs of shoes or a variety of household items.
- Dual Bypass Tread Plate Doors, Heavy-Duty Steel Construction, Leveler Legs
- Easy to Assemble
- 35-Pound per Shelf; 500-Pound per Bench
- 54-Inch wide by 20-Inch high by 18-Inch deep
No comments:
Post a Comment