Monday, March 18, 2013

The Bulldog Hardware 131588 Peg-A-System Ultimate Kit

The Bulldog Hardware 131588 Peg-A-System Ultimate Kit
For only $23.00, that's what you'll be getting, so keep that in mind. While I'm not totally dissatisfied given the price, I was surprised with the hardware that came with the set. The cheap drywall screw heads (#2 phillips) strip immediately upon hitting the underlying studs so I instead used self-tapping deck screws to mount. Remember, the peg board is made of plastic, so if you use a powerful electric screw gun to drive the threads home, you'll break it and sink right through if you're not careful. Otherwise, I'd recommend you pre-drill your holes before mounting.

Another let down, I have a 4 lb. shop hammer I tried to hang, but the weight was too much for this peg board to handle. This is definitely for light tools only, but if that's all you will be using it for, then you'll probably be satisfied. My mistake was reading the name of the kit, "Bulldog," but in reality, it rates more like a Dachshund.

Pros: Assembly time takes only a few minutes
Cons: It's no Bulldog

Product Description

Turn your garage into the ultimate workspace with the Peg-A-System Ultimate pegboard kit. Built-in spacers on the back of each panel allow pegboard to mount easily into a stud or drywall without the use of extra materials. The kit's user-friendly connectors allow panels to slide together easily, and allow you to customize a current workspace. The kit includes 4 pegboard panels, 43 accessories, mounting hardware, and connectors. Accessories with the kit include 29 assorted peg hooks, 8 assorted tool holders, 2 twist top parts bins, 2 parts trays, and 2 brackets for holding all sorts of tools and supplies.

The Bulldog Hardware 131588 Peg-A-System Ultimate Kit


Features

  • 8 square feet of peg board (4 panels), 43 peg accessories
  • Quick and easy installation with all hardware included
  • Built-in spacers on panel back eliminate need for additional spacers
  • Durable plastic construction designed to last
  • Easy slide together connections

No comments:

Post a Comment